Saturday, August 25, 2018

Creating With My Own Hand Dyed Fabrics

I have recently shared several teasers of quilts I am working on. It can take some time to put the pieces of the puzzle together, especially when one has no idea what the finished puzzle will look like.

A comment about my collection/stash of hand dyed fabrics made me think about what I have created and how long it has taken to amass this collection.
For me I need the fabrics first and then I need to watch how they converse and play with each other to create my work.
image
It is possible to use a piece I created 30 years ago with one I created yesterday.
[shiboriarrangement3betterthanbest%255B6%255D.jpg]
It is unusual for me to use fabrics all created within a short time. I did that in this piece.
My hand dyed fabrics are the inspiration for most of the work I have created in the past few years. It is part of my evolution as an artist.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Last pic...my favorite!!!