Thursday, April 18, 2019

Five Forever Continued


This is the story of the quilt I shared yesterday on my blog. 



CREATING “FIVE FOREVER”

My inspiration for creating this quilt began with the “Fujiwara” group of fabrics created by Susan B. Faeder.

Upon reading “The Five Champions, A Japanese Tale” by Susan I realized I wanted to create a quilt beginning with the story.

I wanted each of the men to have equal importance so I created a medallion giving them all the same impact.

The star that was created in the center was serendipitous, and was significant since the roads formed a star at the crossroads.

Each man is looking at his mirror image created with the wrong sides of the fabric.

The mirror images symbolize the men remaining together forever in another dimension in time and space, as will the 5 siblings in my family.

The two hawks at the top of the quilt are “Life Mates”, intent on the activities of the five men.

The Five continue on their journey.

The End/The Beginning

I am currently finishing another quilt in this series and hope I will be able to show it to you soon.

No comments: