Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Colors Of My Life Continued



The Colors of My Life 7 was the first quilt I designed on the design wall when my studio was completed. It is a variation of an intersecting field of color quilt. I moved the colors across the quilt in various ways. The one obvious movement is the green which goes from dark at the outside to light at the center. This created luminescence. When you do a quilt with this many variations of a color you can't have too much fabric. You may only use a few squares of each fabric but you need certain values, shades and colors.

This is a close up so you can see the quilting. You can click it to enlarge it as you can all my photos on this blog. I used a curved line to emphasize the movement in this composition. The quilting was done without marking.


You have seen The Colors Of My Life 8 and 9 before. When I designed these quilts I was playing with the color theory that warm colors advance and cool colors recede.
I made the cool colors advance in the second quilt by putting them in front of the warm colors.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Color theory is an area I am lacking in!!! I've looked at these and read your post twice now!! You are always teaching us even when you just post a picture of your quilts! Thanks my friend!