Monday, October 14, 2019

Quilts Radiating From The Center- Rerun

 

A majority of the quilts I made for my solo show Ice Tapestries and Shibori Quilts radiated from the center.
Long before I started making those quilts I found many of my most effective quilts radiated from the center.
I do find this interesting as I consider myself an asymmetrical artist and yet these are some of my favorite most successful quilts in my opinion.


It is amazing I ever finished piecing this quilt. I can't tell you how many times I lost/misplaced pieces of it and there was no more of the fabric available.
Yes, I am studying this quilt to decide how I would like to quilt it to enhance the design. That may take a while!

This could have been the entire quilt if I had not found all the pieces. It includes a lot of hand applique so it travelled with me to many different places.

It was my attempt to create this quilt in hand dyed fabric.

This is one of my most successful quilts and is a prize winning quilt. Everyone who sees it, quilter or not, stops, looks, studies it and comments.

Here is another work in progress. I am also waiting for it to tell me how to finish it! I am continuing down this center radiating path with my current ice dyes until I change course. Of course in addition to that I am working on finishing works in progress at this time.

No comments: