Sunday, September 17, 2017

My Birthday Present From Me

Yesterday I posted a picture of this chair on my Facebook page and the response was overwhelming. It is so gorgeous from all sides. I wish I could put it in the center of the room so we could enjoy it from all sides.
image
It was hand painted by Monne Haug, a Kenosha, Wisconsin artist. In addition to being beautiful it is extremely comfortable.
This is the front view of the chair. Notice how she has painted the legs, 3 different greens, one for each section of the legs. …but wait, there’s more.
image
This is a view of the right side of the chair.
 image
Here is the back of the chair.
image
And lastly, the left side.
I know you will understand why I wanted this in the middle of the room so all sides could be appreciated.
My plan was to put in in the place I moved out the black leather recliner.
Enter Kim….she had a idea how to move things so it would be visible and appreciated from all sides.
image
We  worked together. She suggested the location and did the final placement of the chair and cabinet. I found this small cabinet in a bedroom, made the arrangement in the copper pot and added a few accessories. To complement the chair I only shopped my house.
I am so pleased not only with the chair but that it is such a beautiful addition to the room.

11 comments:

Annie said...

That is the most beautiful chair!

Patsy said...

I LOVE this chair!!!

Norma Schlager said...

Truly spectacular!

claudia said...

It is a beautiful chair!!!

ann said...

GORGEOUS! Do you know what type of paint she used?

quiltedfabricart said...

Whatever it cost it is worth every penny! Love, love

Bethany Garner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kay... you are blessed! Do you know the paits she used. Curious as I have a friend who wants to paint a wing chair.
Bethany
garner@kingston.net

Funky Diva said...

OMG, Kay that is an absolutely fabulous chair. Can I ask a couple of questions? Did she paint an already upholstered chair? Also what fabric is the chair? This is an amazing piece of art.

The Inside Stori said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

Darcy Berg said...

Beautiful!

queenbBecky said...

A treasure! Well done. You have every right to be proud of her. I hope she brings you joy in the years to come.