Friday, September 6, 2019

Warm Up Quilt Piecing

When I haven't sewn/quilted for a while and want to get going again I do some warm up piecing.



I have a lot of strips left over from other projects.
I started by just sewing a handful together and continued trying to make a more cohesive combination.
I had NO idea what I'd do with them, but that is the way I often work.
You can see the unit is slightly curved  I do believe I can press and eliminate most of that.
I am now piecing a second unit and I figured out why this happened and this second unit is quite straight.
Stay tuned as I intend to share this as it develops.

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Good to see you in action again!

Susan Sanders said...

I had some wavy strips, and did the pressing as you described. It helped, but not all gone. Is there another technique you could describe? Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

Robbie said...

Oh good! You're back at it and we'll even get some good tips along the way!!!