Monday, November 4, 2019

A New Quilt On The Great Room Wall


After 15 years it was time to change out the quilt in our sunroom. My son Greg single handedly hung this 100+ inch quilt.  He is a perfectionist and it is hanging perfectly.

I had to take this photo at an angle as we will have to do some furniture moving to get a straight photo.
The pieced areas on this quilt were created as soon as I got a triangle ruler, probably 30 years ago, from commercial fabrics. I designed the quilt at that time but had no way to get gray fabric that shaded from light to dark values at that time. When I learned to dye my own fabrics I was able to create the fabric and made the quilt. 



5 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

It looks wonderful Kay!!

Robin said...

What a gorgeous quilt. The size is impressive. The colors are beautiful!

Robbie said...

This is another outstanding quilt by you, Kay!!! Just stunning!!!!

Susie Q said...

It is a great quilt...... and so wonderful to have an in the family hanger...

Anna Marie said...

Kay, I absolutely love this quilt, happy to see it hanging.
The color is amazing!!!!