Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MAGIC Shawl–It Worked!!!!!!!!

image

I knit until there were 6 stitches left on the needle.

image

I knit the first two stitches together.

image

I cut the remaining yarn leaving a 6-8 inch tail.

image

I pulled the tail through that last stitch and tightened it up.

image

I pulled the needle out of the remaining 4 stitches.

image

I started to pull on the stitches so they would unravel and create the fringe.

image

I continued pulling on the stitches to create more fringe!

image

And when they were all fringed I was so impressed with how the MAGIC worked.

I made this as a shawl but I could use the same idea to make a scarf. I could also vary the yarn and needle size as this is just a basic pattern/idea.

Stay tuned if you'd like the pattern!!!!!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I think I might have to try that. Thanks you for the inspiration !

Robbie said...

Very cool! And pretty too!!!!

Pamela said...

Nice!

Ann said...

That looks really cool. Can't wait to see how you did it.