Monday, October 31, 2016
Ice Dyed Velvets
This is one of the pieces I just finished ice dyeing. This velvet took the dye well and is very beautiful. I did find that velvets are very difficult to photograph as I think the nap reflects the light in strange ways.
I rate this one a 10+ on a 1-10 scale. It was the most successful of all the pieces I dyed. I also had some real duds in these batches.
If you look at this closely you will see little bits of fuzzy things. They are the only parts of the nap left on this piece. The rest of the nap washed out. This one rates a –1.
This one actually tore in half when I was pulling strings off of it. The colors are varied, but not enough to make it interesting. I did rescue it by doing some embossing with rubber stamps and a hot iron.
I learn so much when I PLAY…and not everything is great, but it is the only way I can be creative and make discoveries or solve ideas.
These are all from the fabrics you saw ice dye batching in my last post.