Monday, November 14, 2016
One Of A Kind Silk Screened And Ice Dyed
I put these blocks on my design wall this weekend.
The silk screen motifs on each of them are something I did at least 25 years ago on perma-press muslin.
Recently I ice dyed them to take away the harsh contrast. Each block dyed with a slightly different coloration which was to be expected. I will probably still rearrange some of them to get a better allover balance,
The two center blocks were printed with a slightly darker color. I was lucky I had a total of 12 blocks to work with so I could make a reasonable size piece.
I intend to cut up this shibori overdyed fabric to use as sashing between the blocks after I trim them slightly to make them all the same size.
This is a project that might not be finished soon….but then again…maybe it will.
It is very low contrast compared to much of my work. I do think it will be a very peaceful relaxing quilt.