Tuesday, September 15, 2020

A New Unique Quilt


 This is a totally new way of creating a quilt for me.

I had this section of irregular strip piecing so decided to trim it and attach in to a black base. I had intended to use black cotton for the base. When I went up to the studio in the treetops I remembered I had this rough silk and decided to use it.

One thing led to another and I decided to do a lot of curved quilting. It was really an enjoyable way to stitch. I did find a long repeat variegated thread that was perfect for the project.

I was concerned I'd have trouble with bulk in the corners when I did my usual facings. The corners are as close to perfect as any I've ever done.

This quilt is only about 13 by 18 inches. I am in love with it and hope to use a variation of what I've done for a future project.

3 comments:

Robin said...

What fun-I may try that on on old WIP that's some pizzazz!

The Inside Stori said...

Kay……I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Robbie said...

This is so unique and wonderful!!!!! You always come up with unique projects...so inspiring!