Sunday, October 28, 2012

Warm, Wild and Crazy Scarf

image

I just finished this scarf. It is so lightweight and yet so warm. It is an Ironstone yarn that is 50% wool and 50% nylon.

The yarn is bulky, lightweight, fuzzy and so colorful.

scarfironstonecloseupcirclefringe

The scarf itself was knit with a simple garter stitch. I felt it needed something a little bit crazy to finish off the ends and add a little weight at the ends.

I tried various knit and crochet ideas I found in books and online. Nothing worked so I got out my crochet hook and designed and made these circle discs.

I am sure this is going to be my “go to” scarf this winter and it will reside on the lime green loveseat within an arms reach of where I like to sit!

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

The scarf is fabulous of course, and the fun balls at the ends elevates it to PERFECT!

Robbie said...

It is really nice, Kay! I thought in the first pic you were combining your knitting piece with some quilted fabric! Works for me!