Thursday, December 31, 2015

Farewell 2015-You Have Been A Great Year

I guess I'll begin at the beginning sharing a great year.
The end of January marked a very special occasion, the 57/57 Racine, Wisconsin Washington Park High Schhol Reunion in Florida. A few class mates had to leave before this picture was taken. Everyone had such a great time and we were so thankful to Lee and Terry for facilitating the organization of it.  
February kept me busy knitting various projects, finishing quilts and enjoying various activities with friends.
March was a happy busy month with company.
My son Greg and his family visited and got to spend time with my Florida family as well as enjoy the warmth and activities in Florida.
It was so much fun to have my friend Debbie from New Mexico as a house guest for a few days.
March also was a time I did a lot of fabric dyeing.
Lisa and Jim from Sarasota came up to visit.
Geri and Bob from Wisconsin visited.
A lot of dyeing and quilting was done in April and it took over the great room.
Ice dyeing was a major focus in May.
The highlight of June for our whole family was Heidi and Nate's wedding!

July 4th is celebrated at my brother and sister in law's home on the lake. It is the one time of the year that the entire extended family tries to get together.
August is a time to enjoy the outdoors, finish more quilts, and do some more organizing. It's always all about color.

September featured a lot of knitting.
It was also a busy time finishing quilts and tapestries.
October meant more fabric dyeing, and finishing quilts and tapestries.
It was also a time for reminiscing with long time friends.
Getting ready to head south also took some time.
I got,to,present my BFF Sally with this afghan I knit for her when I arrived in Florida.
I decided to do the 12 days of Thanksgiving on my blog, rather than just the one day we usually celebrate. It was really an eye opener as to what a wonder life, family and friends I have.
December was full of ice dyeing with perfect weather for it.
I was able to visit my friends Sharon and Fred in Ft Myers.
I enjoyed time with friends and my Florida family before heading north for the holidays.
The best thing about heading north is getting to spend time with family. 
I hope you and yours have had a great year and are looking forward to an even better one in 2016!













No comments: