Monday, April 4, 2016

Spiral Ice Is Done

image
Sometimes a piece has to be totally finished to fall in love with it. I am totally in love with this now that it is finished. I am not sure how many colors of dye I used but after ice dyeing there seem to be an infinite number of colors.
It is dyed in a spiral type of design and the quilting is one spiral to compliment the dye design.
Took me a while to hand sew down all the facings and casings. I put a rod pocket at both the top and bottom for quilts of this size…slightly over 40 inches square.

11 comments:

Charlene S said...

Very interesting piece.

Teagan said...

Beautiful! I want to try quilting a spiral someday. This is really lovely.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That is amazing! What a lovely quilt.

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Wow. Just wow. That's extraordinary!

Robbie said...

FANNNNTTTAASSSTIC!!!!!!!

Frog Quilter said...

Love the mix of colors. Awesome!!!

The Inside Stori said...

Wonderful Kay!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous! One of our guild members demoed the ice dye process and it was fascinating!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I have never heard of ice dyeing before and the results are so interesting. Your quilting complements the design perfectly!

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful!!!!

Funky Diva said...

Kay, WOW