Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dye Test…..3……

I realized after the doing the first two dye tests I wanted a more limited palette.
I knew I wanted the turquoise/blue colors combined with a red.
I had three different reds so I decided it would be a good idea to test each on in a similar way.
I did not end up choosing the one I thought I would.
I chose the one at the bottom of the picture. It has a lot more red in the sample, but that was not because of the dye color I used. It was because I accidentally dumped a half a jar of dye on that piece.
Being satisfied with the colors to use I was able to dye this fabric which I previously shared on a blog post.
jacket silk 4 one half yards dyed
This is the completed 4 1/2 yards of fabric that I dyed for the project I was creating. The finished item will be shared at a later date.

1 comment:

Robin said...

happy accidents! Love the red. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.