Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wet Felting

I do two kinds of felting: Wet felting and Needle felting.
Yesterday I showed you some pieces I knit and then wet felted using my washing machine.
I am going to share some others I’ve done in the past while you wait for me to finish this series of pieces I am currently working on.

One of the things I did was finish two felted purses. I made them several years ago but never attached the straps. I added the straps and it was so easy I don't know why it took so long.

I finished another felted bag. This one is slightly larger than my previous ones.

This is what it looked like before I felted it.
Before felting this measured 29 1/2 inches high and 24 inches wide. After felting it measured 21 1/2 inches high and 19 inches wide.


This sweater was the inspiration for the pattern on the bag.

These are the slippers I knitted and then felted. I forgot to take a picture to show you how big they were before I felted them. They are knitted with Noro Kureyon yarn.
For yarn to felt it must be 100 percent wool and not be treated to keep it from shrinking.
I do enjoy seeing what happens as this felts. There is no way of knowing exactly how much or how quickly it will felt. It is important to keep watching it as you do the felting process in the washing machine, taking it out and checking to see how far it has come.

No comments: