Tuesday, August 22, 2017

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

image
COUNTRY APPLIQUE WALL QUILT
This is a very special hand appliqued and hand quilted quilt of mine that was just completed. This quilt is very different than any of the other 400 some quilts I have created.
It was designed as a block of the month quilt by Marion Vernon and Carlene Buck in 1986 for a quilt guild I belonged to..Even though applique was not my strong suit I found it very attractive and figured I could work on the applique blocks as I sat at our meetings. Of course over time they got more complex and were finished at home. I do have to say I did a fantastic job on all of the applique.
It took many more years for it to be assembled and then waited to be finished.
At one time all my quilts were hand quilted by me. Over time I started machine quilting.
The quilts that deserved hand quilting were put on the back burner.
Although hand quilting is not something I do anymore I was thrilled to find a hand quilter whose work was excellent and she has just finished quilting this one for me.
Not only did Robin Koehler quilt it she also bound it. I am thrilled with the quality of the work she did on this special quilt which now hangs in my breakfast room.
I have several others she will be quilting for me. I intend to keep her very busy.
On a future blog post I will share close ups of some of the blocks.

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Holy Cow!!! Those two designers names are sure a blast from the past!! Fun seeing the quilt.

Robbie said...

What a wonderful job you did as well as your quilter!!! Nicely done...workmanship on both is fantastic!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

I love the antique folk art feel of this piece.