Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Eclipse Quilts

With all the interest in the eclipse several people posted eclipse quilts.
I didn’t think I had any.
Today a friend visited me and she said two of my quilts WERE eclipse quilts. I had to agree with her.
image
SECRET CIRCLES
Like the sun yesterday you can see the pictures of the sun and also can see when it is hidden or partially hidden. Most of the fabrics in this quilt are ones I painted, although there are a few hand dyed fabrics. If you have not seen this before you may have a hard time finding all the circles I pieced into this one.
[image%255B17%255D.png]
AND THEN THE CENTERS FELL OUT
This quilt was made with some of the fabrics and pieces from the above quilt. It does relate to the movement of the eclipse even though that is not where I was heading on this either.
I find it interesting that another pair of eyes can see what we don’t see even though we are looking at the same thing.
So thanks Eileen for your observation!

1 comment:

quiltedfabricart said...

There you go! I agree with Eileen. I live how you quilted the second one with the big circle lines. Gives the whole thing so much movement. Fantastic!