Sunday, November 26, 2017

Another Secret Project Is Finished

image

I have been using a purse I dearly love but I wished it was bigger. I have just spent 3 days making my own version of it. The construction journey was filled with a lot of ripping out of seams that were wrong. Then I spent the better part of almost 2 days trying to figure out how to do the bottom corners. I tried it on the purse, tried it with paper, tried it with sample fabric pieces, tried it with graph paper. When I finally figured it out I felt pretty stupid. It was so simple.
It was a major project and if you offered me $500 to make one for you I would refuse. Once is enough.

image
I am sharing this close-up so you can see some of the linings. The entire purse is made from decorator fabric. The strap is a soft leather belt I no longer wore. The zippers were something I had. The cost of the purse: $0 or if you want to look at it another way: 3 full days of designing, planning, sewing, ripping and redoing, being confused and finally figuring it out.
I know I will get a lot of use from it as it is basic black with pizazz!


2 comments:

Susie Q said...

Very good looking purse and with pizazz === pizazz is what is missing from my clothes these days. You did great. And you have the accomplishment as part of the finish. Well done

Gayle from MI said...

Looks great!