Thursday, November 30, 2017

Two Quilts In One–My Masterpiece

Kay's Quilt Show 1-24-09 007
If you look at this quilt from the left this is what you will see.
Kay's Quilt Show 1-24-09 006
When you look from the right this is what you will see. The view changes and blends as you look and walk from one side to the other.
Kay's Quilt Show 1-24-09 008
When you are at the center this is what you see.

It was a very challenging piece to create.

I spent several YEARS trying to figure out how to assemble it so it would allow each side to stand on it’s own.
I felt like I had to climb inside the quilt to sew the sections together.
The last part had me stumped. I could not make the armatures myself fill the sections.
Off to my favorite gallery . Seebecks in Kenosha, WI….where John did a fantastic job creating them and the quilt was then ready for prime time!
NOTE: Although I shared the same quilt a few days ago I found much better photos so I am sharing it again.

4 comments:

mangozz said...

That is ingenious! You did a great job!

Karen @runsewfun said...

Wow! This is amazing! How is it hung?

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! What a spectacular feat of quilt engineering!!!

Robin said...

What a beautiful quilt. Reminds me of an Agam painting.