Saturday, March 15, 2014

National Quilting Day

I have decided my contribution to National Quilting Day will be sharing some of my favorite traditional quilts I have made through the years.

image

This is a miniature Amish Bars quilt I made. It is about 8 inches square. I hand quilted it.

image

This is a very simple 9 patch with stars quilt that was part of my Historic Concepts series.

image

This basket quilt was made in the 30’s style with a muslin background and what I call mattress pad style quilting. I photographed it before I removed the markings so the motifs between the blocks would show up better.

image

This pattern is called Lady Of The Lake. I titled this particular one Gardens of the Grand Hotel as it reminded me of the way the flower beds were laid out at The Grand Hotel in Mackinac, Michigan.

image

This is an original block I designed for a 15th anniversary. Although it is original, it has the feeling of a very traditional design.

image

Threads Through Time is a log cabin block that is a tribute to my ancestors. It is hand quilted around each individual log.

image

Through The Years is an original design using 3 different traditional blocks. It is the only quilt I am showing you that is machine quilted.

image

This Trip Around The World quilt was made entirely with silks. It just glows and works well in a dark spot.

Silk takes color so beautifully.

Since I started as a traditional quilter these are just a small portion of the traditional quilts I made.

I had no idea when I started that there were any other types of quilts.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

So many of these are familar to me....esp. the Lady of The Lake....which I believe started the crazy in our guild to make this pattern!

Eva said...

My favourite is the Lady of the Lake, too! What a great collection.