Tuesday, September 26, 2017

So What Is Happening In My Studio

I am working hard (OK, not real hard) finishing many pieces that have been in progress.
Some might be as much as 30 years old.
I have some that are even older…some of those that I am not super excited to finish are 40 years old which is when I became a serious quilter.
image
These are all miniatures. I developed a technique for making miniatures. I taught it throughout the US. The strips are 1/4 inch wide.
image
This quilt started with fabric I painted and you can see it in the 9 patches. The sashing came from one fabric dyer and the border fabric from another. It just needs the binding to finish it.
image
The top quilt in the picture just needs binding. The other needs quilting and is on my list to have hand quilted.
It will be a great feeling to have these pieces finished.

2 comments:

Robin said...

"The other needs quilting and is on my list to have hand quilted."...Oh really? ! :))

Robbie said...

Idle hands are the devils workshop...don't know who said that but guess we aren't working with the devil! Always busy...but that's a good thing! I really like some of these!!!