Saturday, March 16, 2019

Greg's College Quilt

When our son Greg started college in the mid 80's I made him a denim log cabin quilt. It weighed a ton and I thought he would never use it. Was I ever wrong.
He loved that quilt and continued to use it for years until the backing was falling apart and the batting was about the thickness of a piece of paper.
He asked me to fix it and I got as far as taking it apart and seeing that the seam allowances were raveling from being washed. I had only stitched in the ditch between the blocks.
So it sat for at least 10 years. It was just too heavy for me to handle anymore.
This is a closeup of her spiral quilting she does such a fantastic job with. I loved it as soon as I saw it.
He was surprised to get it as I only told him a package was coming. He loves it.
I guess you could say "ANYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH WAITING FOR!"







1 comment:

Robin said...

Well done, I'm sure he'll love it forever. He'll be able to pass it on.