This is a totally new way of creating a quilt for me.
I had this section of irregular strip piecing so decided to trim it and attach in to a black base. I had intended to use black cotton for the base. When I went up to the studio in the treetops I remembered I had this rough silk and decided to use it.
One thing led to another and I decided to do a lot of curved quilting. It was really an enjoyable way to stitch. I did find a long repeat variegated thread that was perfect for the project.
I was concerned I'd have trouble with bulk in the corners when I did my usual facings. The corners are as close to perfect as any I've ever done.
This quilt is only about 13 by 18 inches. I am in love with it and hope to use a variation of what I've done for a future project.