Friday, February 11, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

We are still having some unseasonably cold weather.
I've finished knitting all my things to keep me warm. I thought that would do the trick and change the weather.
It has worked a little, but it still is very chilly in the morning and the evening.
I am getting use out of all these projects.



My latest finished project is the scarf to match my hat I showed you recently.

This is also knitted with the yarn I dyed using the leftover dyes from my personal color family.

This is the diagonal scarf and it is composed of triangles.
When I was discussing what I should write my blog about tonight one of my friends said the Pythagorean theorem. Little did they realize I was going to post this scarf made up of triangles!

I just started to knit and hoped I didn't run out of yarn in the middle of one of the repeats. This was knitters luck. It was so close and I didn't know until I was on the last few rows if I would make it. I ended up with only 50" of extra yarn.

The size is perfect and it is so cozy and warm. Of course the colors are perfect "Kay" colors!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Just the bright colors the season needs!

Meg said...

I love it! I learned the garter stitch this weekend. It's definitely not as easy as it looks. I keep "frogging" and re-knitting. It's starting to look better, though. How do you dye skeins of yarn?