Thursday, January 24, 2013

Eagle River Quilt Blocks

image

We used to spend 2 or more weeks each summer in Eagle River Wisconsin.

There was a wonderful quilt shop there and they carried the best selection of North Woods fabrics.

All of these fabrics were purchased there.

These fabrics were not my style and they never will be!

But there was something about living where the woods and water meet that drew me to starting this quilt.

I just made a group of blocks and intended to make a few more and set them together with sashing strips and some checkerboards.

Somehow I lost my enthusiasm for this – maybe because we haven’t been there in years.

When I see these blocks on my design wall it makes me think I may want to revisit this project and finish it.

For now it will put away as I finish the reorganization of my studio/closet.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

These would work well in a Quilt of Valor quilt.

Robbie said...

i'm just getting caught up with all your reorganizing!!! Now sampler blocks!! Geezzzz You have been busy finding things!!
I was down your way today with my friend to see quilts at the Villages...some nice workmanship.