Monday, March 31, 2014

Modern Quilts–I Finally GET IT!

The “NEW” buzz word in quilting seems to be MODERN quilts.

What makes a quilt modern? Design? Color? Originality? Quilting?

It has taken me a long time to get it, but I finally do.

As I was studying the quilts on a modern quilting blog  I finally saw the light.

I have made a modern quilt and want to share it with you here.

image

Maybe Mondrian     In the collection of Marianne Lerner

Yes, I even hand quilted this one.

Yes, I made this modern quilt in 1981 – 33 years ago.

Which just goes to prove there is nothing new under the sun!

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Yup....what's old is new again and you are NOT the first one to realize that all this modern quilting fuss isn't about something new.....just more negative space than we normally use....but then again..think Amish quilts!!!

Robbie said...

What's 'old' is new again!!! Lovely!

Robbie said...

so funny! I just read Mary's comment...like minds!! HA