Sunday, December 31, 2017

As 2017 Comes To A Close

I think back and remember what a great year it was.
Invitation to Ice Tapestries show 2017
January marked the opening of my solo show at The Anderson Art Center. The opening was an overwhelming success followed by the rest of the show that was equally well attended.
image
February marked Caleb’s adoption into Jeff and Heathers already large family.

MARCH....a bittersweet month as the show closed without me there to see it out.
My Way
And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain It's Magic 40W x 42L
It’s Magic
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
Iris Spring 40wxw0h
Iris Spring

But more, much more than this
I did it my way
ice dyed mandala for show poster
Garden Party
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
GloryAura 43W x 36H
Glory Aura
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
Good Vibrations 42W x 34L
Good Vibrations
To think I did all that
And may I say - not in a shy way
Walgreens ice 10
Mystic
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way
Chasing Rainbows 1,3,4,5 Marge
Chasing Rainbows 1,3,4,5

I planned each special work
Each careful step along the byway
Walgreens 33 ice Ice On fire
Ice On Fire
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
Sacred Spirits 43wx89h
Sacred Spirits
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
Chasing Rainbows 7 Marge
Chasing Rainbows 7
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
IMG_6967
Perfect Harmony
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way
Karma Marge
Karma
It’s time to shed a tear or two…. IMG_6995
But I’ll be back and so will you…
ice show vistors in black and white
I DID IT MY WAY!
For what is a woman, what has she got
If not herself, then she has naught
To say the things she truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way
YES IT WAS MY WAY
P.S. This is the longest blog post I have ever done but it deserved it so I could include some of your favorites and mine from the show.
March marked the close of my show.
….to be continued in later posts today………….