Friday, December 22, 2017

My Quilting Fabric Palette

studio main fabric collection
I enjoy just looking at all my fabrics arranged in a color flow order.
They have been carefully arranged so that I can find a fabric that works when I am creating something.
Each fabric fills a need and they have been acquired with this in mind.
It is wonderful to be able to make something and have everything I need available.
I have pieces as small or smaller than 1/4 yards as well as lengths of fabric that are big enough to back a king size quilt.

6 comments:

quiltedfabricart said...

What a beautiful wall! Very impressive and I am positively jealous. And so organized. You are my hero 😀

Angela said...

I feel the same way about my fabric but it is not organized nearly as well as yours!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Wow, I'm impressed, Kay. Not solely by the amount or organization, but the variety. I work hard to have the range you have achieved, yet some how I have an abundance of blues and greens and paucity of yellows and neutrals. Your neutral section is outstanding.

Bonnie said...

How are your shelves set up? how deep???? I've been hemming and hawing about how to organize my fabric. Some I have in stacks on shelves (by color) and others are in bins also by color. Each has its downside.....I too just love to see all the beautiful colors...I always say the colors make my eyes happy!!!! Have a great and merry Christmas, Kay and a happy new year. Hope to see you in FL. this winter.....hugs, Bonnie B

The Joyful Quilter said...

Inspiration overload. Oh, but you need to go shopping... I spy an empty shelf!!

Annie said...

My last house had shelves similar to yours and I loved being able to see all my fabrics at once. Now it's 14 years later, the current house is 2,000 sq. ft. smaller, and the stash has doubled! My fabric "pantry" overflows! I love every inch of fabric in it! I'm sewing as fast as I can!