Sunday, December 24, 2017

Super Bowl III….Today’s BONUS Blog Post

This post is a response to a friends comment on Face Book yesterday that took place when I shared my new GREEN shoes I was and still am) wearing, while watching the Green Bay Packer vs Minnesota Vikings football game.
Here is the comment:
Nancy Herman Dunnavan Kay, did you know that my brother, Dave, played for the New York Jets and played in Super Bowl III!!??
Yes, Nancy I certainly remember that game. Many people will remember Joe Namath from that game.
For us, it was Dave Herman from the small town of Edon, Ohio where we lived for two years.
Image result for dave herman new york jets
We watched that game at the house of friends as they had a COLOR television, something we didn’t have yet.
I also remember Dave played a key role in helping the Jets win the game.
I never met Dave as he was away at college when we lived in Edon. But, I remember well our friend and the new Edon High school football coach Vern Thomsen talking about Dave and hanging out at your house.

No comments: