Sunday, June 3, 2018

It’s June So Time To Share Some June Quilts

After dyeing a group of fabrics I decided that rather than let them sit on a shelf I would use them right away to create quilts.
I pieced 20 unique quilts from those fabrics.
image
June Quilt 10

image
June Quilt 9

image
June Quilt 12

image
June Quilt 16

image
June Quilt 15

These are 5 of the 20 quilts I made in just one month.
It takes studying such a diverse group of fabrics I had dyed to come up with ideas to use them.  I often had several of them in progress on my design wall to see what they were telling me they wanted to be. Once I started the ideas flowed. I was never afraid to just start cutting these fabrics and see the work take shape. It was a great feeling to create 20 pieces in 30 days.
It took me about a year to quilt and finish them for a solo show of my work.

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Amazing!

Robbie said...

WOW! For a minute, I thought you were talking about June 2018! It's only June 3rd. I knew you were 'good' but didn't know you were a magician!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love your unique shapes!

Norma Schlager said...

Beautiful work! I especially like June quilt 12 with those swooping curves.

a maidenhair fern said...

Wow, very interesting. I love how our dyed fabrics create the designs.