Wednesday, June 13, 2018

When Is More Too Much?

I just found this picture of a quilt I showed you recently.
Kay's quilts,dinner more kay's quilts,ohio class,focus on fi 120
You’ve got to know when to hold em,
Know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away
and know when to run!

Yes, I needed to RUN away and delete the lower part of this piece I was working on.

June Quilt 12 BEST
So I just took my rotary cutter and made a large gestural cut to eliminate that lower part and I had a wonderful work of art.

Just because I had spent time adding that was NO REASON to keep it when it spoiled what I had created.
I still have the part I cut off and I tried to do something with it. I cut it into smaller pieces and so far it still failed!

2 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I can so relate - but if you are going to take chances, you will experience failure. Sometimes I like to push the fabric envelope and this year it paid off, I have a fabric wall hanging that has earned an honorable mention in the 2018 California State Fair and will be on exhibition next month.

Robbie said...

You have such a good eye for design(s)!!!!