Sunday, January 4, 2009

Packing. . .


Zoom, zoom - I'll be on the road before noon!

I am packing up all my quilts to take to the Art Center tomorrow morning.
I am so pleased with the way everything turned out.
I spent today framing some pieces and adding the casing to others.



I can't wait for you to see them on January 25th or anytime through March 29th.
Usually when I finish a big project I am tired of what I am working on and don't want to see the things again for a long time.
This time it is different. I love every piece - OK, some more than others.
I love the fabrics, the graphics, the piecing dictated by the fabric designs, the quilting and even the finishes on the backs with the facings on the June series and the bindings on the Colors of My Life series.


This quilt is not a rectangle - it is the shape you see here! It is clickable to see the quilting close up.

As I worked on finishing the quilts I really had a chance to look at the quilting. I try to make the quilting special and appropriate for each quilt and each part of each quilt. I have to say I nailed it on these quilts. There's no substitute for experience and practice.

The pieces I've framed are spectacular if I do say so myself. I could live with each and everyone for a long, long time.

I hope some of you will find some pieces you'll want to take home and live with. The pieces I showed you are some of the things I did for the gift shop.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all that I have seen so far - I wish I lived closer to Wisconsin and could go see them in person. You do wonderful work. How you come up with all these ideas is beyond me! I wish I could come up with ideas like these that I have seen on your blog.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like you gave 200% to the show and I know it was a lot of hard work to get it all ready, and it is no easy job delivering it either. Congratualtions again on the show. You have some beautiful pieces for it.

Deb said...

Everything looks wonderful and I too wish I lived closer so I could come see them in person!!! Please take lots of pictures of the show and keep up posted!!! You're such an inspiration, makes me think I need to get busy!