Sunday, January 3, 2010

Family Christmas/New Years Celebration - Part 2

My family from Minnesota visited this weekend. We celebrated Christmas and New Years Eve together.

I commissioned the same artist who made the Santa's for my siblings last year to make one for each member of their family. She really outdid herself on these. Each one had so many items personalized to the recipient. I had given her some information about each of them.
The fur was from a mink coat I had. I also had a very small piece of the fur left from my Moms mink stole that I had used for the sibling Santa's. I sent it along and asked her if there was some way she could use it on these. She made the pom pom on each hat with the fur.

I supplied the velvet for their coats and coordinating fabric for their under dresses. On Jessica's the fabric I chose for her under dress matched one of the Pillowcases of the Month I had made for her a while back - purely coincidence. I also have continued to use the little plastic deer on each Santa along with a sprig of the old fashioned holly with berries. I wanted these to be truly something that will connect them with their parents, grandparents and great grandparents.

There were so many clever personal things on each one. I was ecstatic when I saw them. Skis, fishing tackle, playing cards, cribbage boards, worry dolls, teddy bears, blocks with their initial and mine, Grandpa's Kiwanis pins, ornaments, and so much more.

Blake is missing from this photo as he was in Tempe, Arizona playing in the Iowa State marching band in the Insight Bowl. He did arrive in Wisconsin and I'll continue this story on another post.

No comments: