Saturday, January 30, 2010

Quilt turning on the studio bed - Part 4


Turning point used a variation of my tubular spiral patchwork technique. You can see the hole in the center if you look closely. This quilt was also featured in Julie Silber's lecture the Grandmother Connection I talked about earlier. It has also been in many art exhibitions.


A lot of my quilts have irregular shapes and Night Watch is one of them. The lattice uses a 24 color hand dyed rainbow.


On The Wing Of A New Millennium was made for an invitational show at The Anderson Arts Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin to celebrate the Millennium.


Meet Me At The Fair was a totally enjoyable quilt to make, with the help of a grandson who was 2 1/2 at the time.

This one's for you Mary! My sister in law Mary has done every single one of my puzzles which number well over 200. These are her 2 oldest grandsons and my great nephews. I love the photo and it will be the 4th of July again in 5 months and 5 days.
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Eva said...

My award goes to "Meet me on the fair".

Frieda Anderson said...

I love this, how do you do that?