Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fingerless Mittens

image

For the longest time I couldn’t figure out why anyone would want a pair of these.

Fast forward to the Polar Vortex and life in the frozen tundra.

I knew I had to knit a pair of these and quick. I started wearing one of them as soon as I got the first done.

I wore them even though I hadn’t woven in the loose ends. Yesterday I wove in the ends and they are done.

Can you believe I actually have worn them in Florida? Yes, I have.

So now I am on to knitting another pair that will stay in Florida- a lovely teal in the same shade as my new Blue Fish Juxta Wrap.

I had a ball of sock yarn that wasn’t enough for a pair of socks. It just happened to weigh in as the amount I need for a pair of these.

image

We are in for some chilly weather these next two weeks in Florida so I’d better hurry and finish these.

5 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Naturally there is chilly weather coming.....because we are headed to FL for the Rolex 24 hr. race. Watching cars for 24 hrs.....well really 3 days cause gosh....ya can't just go for the race....time trials and other mini races are important too.....to 'the husband'. Anyway, even in sunny warm weather it's not fun for me.....

Amy Eileen Koester said...

Lovely! I just printed a pattern to knit a pair for myself. It has been cold in Florida lately.

Teresa in Music City said...

Me too!!! I knit three sets of fingerless mitts for Christmas gifts and don't have a single one for me :(

CJ said...

I used to wonder the same thing, now I'm pretty sure I've love a pair... my hands are freezing right now!

Ramona said...

I just finished my fifth pair of fingerless mitts and really enjoy making them! I like the pattern you used. They look very warm.