Thursday, December 1, 2016

Ice Tapestries and Shibori Quilts

The opening of my solo show at the Anderson Art Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin is now less than 2 months away.
image
I am just going to share some random quilts from the approximately 80 quilts I have created for the show.
image
All of the quilts started out with white fabric which I painted and dyed.
Christmas card 2017 back
I will have the entire art center for my work…8 galleries filled with glorious color.
image
There are a variety of sizes of pieces in the show.
image
Many of the pieces are part of coordinated series.
image
I hope this sampling of the quilts in the show makes makes you want to see all of them in person.
The opening reception for the snow is January 29, 2017 from 1-4 pm at the Anderson Art Center
121 66th St
Kenosha, WI 53143
The show runs through March 8 and the Art Center is open from Tuesday- Sunday 1-4 pm.
I hope I will see YOU at the opening.

6 comments:

Robbie said...

hope you get to take pics to share with us in Florida!!! So wonderful for others to see your great work(s)!!!

Jan R said...

Your display is going to blow many minds away! Definitely wish I could go to see it, but it won't be possible. I agree with Robbie, I hope you will share photos of the exhibition.

claudia said...

I wish I could see your quilts in person. The pictures of these are awesome!

Rachel said...

Sorry to miss your show. Think it will be mind blowing! Good luck.

queenbBecky said...

All are fabulous! Sadly, being in the middle of nowhere in Southern Colorado, I will be home watching it snow!

Susan E. J. White said...

Amazingly beautiful! How I wish I could have the entire show in book form...Blurb maybe? I also wish you were still teaching the ice dyeing. I just don't see anyone elses work as beautiful as yours. I the ceter top portion of the long rectangular piece, I see a man's face, like a wizard, with a mustache and white crown. I just love it! Congrats.