Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I Enjoy Creating And Using Shibori Fabrics

redshiboritwistedand wraped around pole
This was a long skinny piece of white fabric I wrapped around one of my poles. I like the unique pattern it created.
redshiborioverlamostsolidbluemirrorimage
This was from the red dye bucket. I don’t know what it was before I did the red shibori dye on it.
shiboriredoverblueopposingedit on phone
This was shibori dyed with blue dye and then again in an opposing directions with red although it had been dyed previously in some manner.
redshiboriovertanfromyellowstart
This is the fabric I used for the binding on the block printed quilt I showed yesterday.
redshiboriscrunchiefillwidth
This one is also red over plain white fabric with no specific pattern.
Although I dyed well over 60 fabrics with these 4 recent dye buckets I have used so many of them in my recent work. The fabrics themselves inspire me and get my creative juices going to create interesting works of art.
Using highly pattern fabrics requires a lot more thinking to figure out how to use them.

1 comment:

Vera Holmgren said...

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!