Sunday, April 7, 2019

Prom Time!

This is the dress I wore to my high school prom many years ago.
It is being modeled here by my oldest granddaughter and it fit her perfectly. I made it from this gorgeous printed cotton sateen and wore it over a crinoline that made the skirt stand out.

The picture in the background is my maternal grandmother.

I was fortunate to have attended The World's Best Prom. Our cities proms were the subject of a movie/video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=penrLf12m0w
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772132/

What a fun video for anyone who is anticipating attending their first prom, or for anyone who has ever been to a prom, especially if their prom was in Racine, Wisconsin.

Our Post Prom was amazing with anything and everything one could have dreamed of.
At the time I didn't realize that everyone didn't get an experience like we did.
I hope you will take time to view the videos I've linked to in this post for a delightful experience.





3 comments:

Robbie said...

Off to look at the videos but had to comment on the dress! It is beautiful and looks like it was made for your grand daughter!!! My goodness...fits her beautifully and looks wonderful on her!!!!

Robbie said...

I never knew a prom was televised! How cool!!! And they've been doing this for 50 years!!! Who knew! HA Thanks for sharing!!!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the dress reminds me of the one I wore! Wow what a great Prom!