Monday, August 10, 2009

A, B, C's and 1, 2, 3's



Although this has a very traditional quilt look, it is not a replication nor a copy of an antique quilt. I did choose subtle color fabrics with prints that were reminiscent of old fabrics.

This is the blankie I use in Florida. I designed it to use the alphabet fabric Jinny Beyer designed quite some time ago. Each nine patch has a letter or number in the center square.
I also have included other information above and below the nine patch section.

I took this quilt to a long arm quilter and had her machine baste it for me. I don't enjoy the basting process so this was a great solution to avoid this. I don't think I know any quilters who really enjoy the basting process.

I used a cotton batting that would shrink when I washed it after it was quilted. I like the flat look it has now so I won't wash it until it needs cleaning.

I am using the Jigzone cut as letters seem so appropriate for this quilt puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love the look of that quilt. The colors make for a super warm and inviting look. I think my favorite part, tho, is the little detail towards the bottom with the small squares that are a bit by themselves...especially the very bottom row. Love it!

Eva said...

This is awesome!

PaMdora said...

This quilt made me stop and do a second look. Then I read that's it's an original design -- so I guess that's why it caught my idea. Very nice design! I like old-timey looking scrap quilts.