Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Santa Fe Rhythym


I tend to make a lot of quilts with irregular shapes. Santa Fe Rhythym was made for a guild challenge.
We were given the three blue prints and the 3 green prints. Each color had 3 values and the prints were even duplicated in each color range. Not only that, they were all cool colors. I actually even used the wrong side of some of them to get a greater value range.

I knew they needed something to punch them up and decided to use the Santa Fe type print as it was just the thing do make it work. For the 16 point star I used both the right and wrong side to give it the 3 dimensional look. To get the same design in mirror image I fussy cut from 8 yards of this fabric. I have 8 yards of this fabric with about 5% missing!

Have you ever tried to make a 16 point star with out having a hole in the middle? I was ready for that to happen so I expected to applique something over the hole.
I was pleasantly surprised when there was NO hole!


Do you start at the center (where there is not hole!) when you do a puzzle or do you start at the edges?
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The value range was perfect on the wrong side to give a 3-D effect to the quilt.

Vicki W said...

I agree with Wanda, it's perfect!