Saturday, October 3, 2009

For Never Plaid - finished!

For Never Plaid 34" W x 39" H $1800

I've finally finished For Never Plaid. I'm always happy when I take the last stitch on a quilt and I can put it on the list of quilts I've finished.

You did see this one as I was working on it if you follow my blog.

I have a drawer full of solid strips I cut when I have 6 inches or less of a fabric left from a project. It makes it so easy to start something when you don't have to stop and cut. This was one of those pieces where I just picked up pieces and started sewing them together with no specific design in mind. I just let it happen. I'm quite pleased with it.

I find it interesting that the last 2 pieces I've finished are blue since I hardly every use blue these days.

This is quilted with random curved quilted lines that are relatively close together. This adds some body to the quilt and helps it to hang better on the wall. It is 34 inches wide and 38 inches high.

The edges are finished with facings which give more body on a curved edge and it has a casing on the back to insert a hanging rod.

For those of you who are addicted to my puzzles I have now posted over 200 puzzles for you. I will continue posting them as long as you enjoy doing them. Let me know!
Click to Mix and Solve

8 comments:

Suzanne Kistler said...

I not only enjoy the puzzles, I LOVE them!! I look forward to them each and every day!! :)

Susan Turney said...

Love your blog, love your puzzles!

Sue H said...

Ditto -- love your blog, love your puzzles. Love the puzzles so much, I have added one on my blog every Wednesday! Thanks for all you share with us.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

awesome job on this one Kay....

Vicki W said...

Great quilt!

Dolores said...

I love the unevenness of this plaid. And blue too - right up my alley.

Suzanne Sanger said...

You KNOW I love them, Kay. Yup, addicted.

Leslie said...

I look forward to reading your blog and doing the puzzles too.
Thanks