Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More decorating with fabric


This skirted table was most recently used in the guestroom as a bedside table. I moved it into the living room when I redecorated the living room. I kept the same skirt and topper on it and just added the lamp and floral arrangement.
As many of you know when I say redecorate it usually means I am just searching my house and moving things from one room to another!


This is the new table cover. It was not as quick and easy as I had anticipated. The fabric was 118 inches wide so I was able to cut a seamless cover in less than 5 minutes.


This is the cording that I used to finish the edge. That is where the fun began! I wasn't sure I'd have enough fabric to cover the cording so I cut it narrower than I should have. The cording itself was about 1" in diameter so it was difficult sewing close enough to it. It slipped and slid as I stitched. I broke 5 needles stitching it.
I ended up having so much fabric left I don't know where my brain was when I calculated what I'd need!



You can see the table and accessories in it's room setting here. It is a cozy welcoming room since I redecorated. We'll sit in here next time you come to visit and have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.

The couch you see was originally in the family room. It's the perfect couch to take a nap on. It's looks like something Grandma might have had. It is covered in a mohair type velvet and is down filled. I have taken many naps on it and I usually only sleep about a half hour when I nap there - perfect.

And of course tonight's puzzle is a small version of the living room!
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: