Monday, February 25, 2013

Violet Vest Leftover Fabric

I had planned on showing you the finished vest today. I did the hand sewing on the binding last night while I watched the Oscars. I still have more than half way to go.

So instead I’ll show you the fabrics I have leftover.

image

I photographed these on my 12 inch square Olfa matt to give you an idea of how big they are.

I call these “scraps too small to use”!

But wait……….. I have bigger scraps too…………..

image

 

Yes, these are the BIG scraps I had left after the vest was bound. The strip of the stripe was all the extra binding I had.

I don’t think I’ve ever cut it this close on a project before. Being able to make something and make it work while working so tight can only be accomplished with my history of sewing for years and years.

Of course I’m not done with this fabric yet. Stay tuned to see what I do with the leftovers!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Lovin' the colors in the vest!! Very nice...bird story is so funny! Remind me to tell you our frog story from last winter!!!