Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Olden Days!

One of the things that was tossed out in my 2013 purge was my confirmation and graduation cards.
Before I emptied the wastebasket my friend Kris E mentioned scanning them.
My first reaction was no way.
On second thought I agreed it was a great idea.
image
I have opened this card flat so you can see all the signatures.
These were all the teachers at the state grade school I attended through 8th grade.
image
Some of my graduation cards………
image
More birthday cards……..
image
Some of my confirmation cards……..
image
And a birthday card that was with the other cards……
image
and the inside of the card. I found that one interesting as I am currently selling some Vogue patterns from my extensive mint collection on eBay.
You could buy a Hallmark greeting card for between 5 and 15 cents in the mid 50’s.
Some of the other companies in business at that time were Gibson,  Norcross, Forget Me Not, Pollyanna, Sunshine, Rust Craft, Art Guild,  Heywood and American Greeting.
I got more Hallmark cards than any others. To the best of my knowledge Hallmark and American Greeting are the only ones still in business.

2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

My apologies to Dena who sent a nice comment...went to hit publish and my finger slipped to delete.

Mary said...

What a great suggestion!