If you’ve been following my blog you have seen several variations I could have done with these diamond units.
All of the ones I have shown to this point were traditional and logical.
Had I made these units into something 15 years ago when I made most of them I certainly would have chosen one of them.
In the intervening years I have started thinking farther “out of the box”!
I’ve had this idea for a while and finally was able to execute it this week.
My original idea used different proportions. This is one reason why a design wall is so important.
You can SEE when something works and also when it doesn’t work.
I am so pleased with this top and hope to layer and quilt it very soon.