Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Aged Like Fine Wine

image

If you’ve been following my blog you have seen several variations I could have done with these diamond units.

All of the ones I have shown to this point were traditional and logical.

Had I made these units into something 15 years ago when I made most of them I certainly would have chosen one of them.

In the intervening years I have started thinking farther “out of the box”!

I’ve had this idea for a while and finally was able to execute it this week.

My original idea used different proportions. This is one reason why a design wall is so important.

You can SEE when something works and also when it doesn’t work.

I am so pleased with this top and hope to layer and quilt it very soon.

11 comments:

Bill Volckening said...

Gorgeous!

Shelly said...

The pattern has so much depth! I can feel light entering from the top and trickle through the design. Beautiful.

Katherine McNeese said...

OHHHH! I really like this , Kay!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Stunning - very creative! Beautiful!

The Inside Stori said...

I'm almost speechless.......but you know that would never happen...... however, I will sputter out...WOW!! Perfect/modern/yet a touch of tradition to keep us honest!

LoLo said...

They will be talking about this one a hundred years from now! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! This is beautiful. I love it. Great job, Kay!

Gale Wrigley said...

What a terrific twist for the diamonds! Great job!!

Gayle Bong said...

Isn't that something! And that stripe is perfect.

straythreads said...

Beautiful!!I had to study it for a while to see the color changes just stunning!!!

quiltedfabricart said...

Yes! Yes! Great layout, nicely done:-)