Monday, November 18, 2013

I Am Seeing A Recurring Color Story!

image
I have a feeling that each of the quilts I am going to share was started about the same time.
image
Although this one is done with prints and the previous one was done with solids, the colors are almost spot on.


This one combines prints and solids.
Is the similarity because those were the types of fabrics most popular and available at that time?
Or is it because I loved those jewel tones in that era?
There is one other MAJOR similarity between them……
None of them are finished quilts.
I was teaching so many classes at that time I didn’t have time to finish many of the things I started, needing instead to go on to developing and making prototypes and teaching samples for the next class I had developed.
I no longer am under that pressure and occasionally I finish one of the quilts from that era.
This year I also have given away unfinished projects and units of quilts I knew I would never finish.
Yes, I only have to get rid of 343 more things and I’ll reach my goal of getting rid of 5000 things in 2013!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning quilts.......I love the top one

Shelly said...

Kay - I love the colors! They are all beautiful. I hope you find the time and inspiration to finish them all.