Monday, June 30, 2014

2014 Quilt Alliance Contest

 

image

This is my entry for the 2014 Quilt Alliance contest.

Grandmothers Garden flower was inspired by:

Speer, Julia Patterson. Grandmothers Flower Garden. 1930-1949. From Florida Quilt Project, Florida Quilt Project. Published in The Quilt Index,
http://www.quiltindex.org/fulldisplay.php?kid=53-9E-185

I chose a design based on a hexagon. Hexagons are one of the most popular design being used by quilters in 2014.

The fabric for this was dyed in a hexagon shape and the shape was edited to fit into the 16” square format the contest required.

It was machine quilted to emphasize the details of the flower.

I have to admit it is one of my favorite all time quilts of the 396 quilts I have made.

It is a donation and the quilts will be auction on eBay in November to raise money for the Quilt Alliance.

The 3 winners of the contest will be determined by popular vote.  You must be a member of the alliance to vote.

The benefits of being a member far outweigh the $25 annual dues.

This link will take you to the page to join the Quilt Alliance:

http://www.allianceforamericanquilts.org/support/support.php

There were a record 92 entries this year in the Inspired By contest.

Of course I hope you’ll vote for mine, but I also hope you’ll join the Quilt Alliance and enjoy all the benefits it offers.

3 comments:

Alice Gatecliff said...

Kay, this is just beautiful. Sorry I can't vote but I think I should be able to compliment you on such innovative work. Good luck!
Alice Gatecliff

Robbie said...

You already know my thoughts on this piece! Just FAB!

Bill Volckening said...

Love it!