Monday, June 9, 2014

Golden Glow

This piece started with a piece of white silk.

My work often needs time to tell me what to do… I would be remiss if I didn’t take the time to listen.

image

How much time  does it take to make a quilt? As long as it takes to create a piece I’d be pleased with and one I feel someone would be happy to own.

image

It’s not about doing something in the same manner as I may have done it before. Yet, all those years have given me the insight to listen when a quilt starts talking.

image

It’s about looking at what I have done so far and making a decision on what else it needs.

image

This looks like it might be done. As I look at it more I realize it needs something else.

image

Not only is this finished but I added some beads to it.

My BFF’s Mary Stori and Robbie Payne are both beading experts.

I don’t even consider myself a beading wannabe. I just added the beads because this piece needed it.

Each bead was sewn on individually with beading thread.

The Ah-ha moment when I know it’s finished and ready for the world!

I love it and I hope you do too!

You may notice a color difference in each of these photos. They were all taken in different places and with different lighting conditions.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

It's perfect, Kay! Just wonderful!

ann said...

Thanks Kay.