Monday, October 12, 2015

Ice Dye Differents!

The current group of ice dyes left from epic failures and some that I am starting to see the beauty in.

image

When I first finished pressing this one I was not impressed. As I am playing around with it with other fabrics on the design wall I am starting to see real beauty.

image

This is another one I was not impressed with at first. The more I look at it the more I see. There is great value variation and a lot of neat detail. I have no idea what I’ll do with it but that is nothing new when I see newly dyed fabric.

image

This is one of the ones I consider least successful. I hope someday you look at it as a finished work of art and say “And she didn’t consider that successful?”

So those are a few of the recent batch I dyed.

4 comments:

Peggy E. said...

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder! I love the third piece. It looks like then center of a flower complete with pistols and stamens.

The Inside Stori said...

I wish my failures were as wonderful!!!

Robbie said...

Well, my eyes see only the beauty in these pieces!!! Amazing work!

Jan R said...

I'm blown away by your failures!!! Each is more beautiful than the previous one.